Genetic differences in caffeine metabolism may explain the Jekyll and Hyde effects of coffee.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger’s brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is one of the rate instances where “personalized nutrition” isn’t just some marketing catch-phrase. Soy is another one, but in that case it’s just about who benefits the most. See: How to Convert Into an Equol Producer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-convert-into-an-equol-producer/).
For more on coffee, see:
• Coffee and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Coffee-and-Artery-Function)
• Does Coffee Affect Cholesterol? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-coffee-affect-cholesterol/)
• Does Adding Milk Block the Benefits of Coffee? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-adding-milk-block-the-benefits-of-coffee)
• Which Coffee Is Healthier: Light vs. Dark Roast (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-coffee-is-healthier-light-vs-dark-roast)
• Does Low Acid Coffee Cause Less Acid Reflux? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-low-acid-coffee-cause-less-acid-reflux)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-health-benefits-of-coffee-apply-to-everyone and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-health-benefits-of-coffee-apply-to-everyone. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Nathan Dumlao / unsplash
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
#coffee #hownottodie #drgreger