Open Enrollment for 2020 Marketplace coverage starts November 1, 2019. There are things you can do now to get ready, whether you’re applying for the first time or planning to re-enroll.
How to get ready to enroll — quickly and easily!
- Get familiar with the Marketplace by reading these quick tips. Find answers to your most common questions.
- Download this checklist (PDF) to make sure you have everything you need. When you apply, you’ll be asked about your household, income, and current coverage and may need to refer to specific documents, like W-2s, pay stubs, or tax returns. Gathering what you need now will save you time later.
- Make a list of questions before it’s time to choose your health plan. For example, “Can I stay with my current doctor?” or “Will this plan cover my health costs when I’m traveling?” Get tips on choosing a health insurance plan.
- Set your budget. There are different types of health plans for different needs and budgets. You’ll need to figure out how much you’re able to spend on premiums each month, and how much you want to pay out-of-pocket for prescriptions or medical services. See how your total costs work together.
- If you’re planning to renew your current coverage for 2020, review your 2019 application to make sure it’s still accurate. If it’s not, update it with any income and/or household changes. This will save you time when you apply because your 2020 application will be pre-filled with your 2019 information.